Small Business Program
Welcome to Picatinny where we work extensively with business and universities to bring the world's best war-fighting technologies to our soldiers.
- Serves as Principal Advisor to the Commander, and the Joint Munitions & Lethality LCMC, regarding small business issues. Assists all businesses on government contracting matters.
- Advises and assists the acquisition community to increase the use of small business, SDB, HUBZone, WOSB, SDVOSB, and HBCU/MI program participants.
- Serve as an advocate for small business firms.
- Monitor small business performance (goals).
- Maintain an outreach program to locate and develop small business firms.
- Serves as the liaison with the Small Business Administration (SBA).
The Office of Small Business Programs will be a premier group of acquisition professionals that provide quality service to the small business community and the JM&L LCMC.
The mission of the Joint Munitions & Lethality Office of Small Business Programs is to ensure that a fair portion of contract awards are placed with small business enterprises while supporting the Acquisition Center in executing the contracting mission that supports the warfighter.
To ensure effective implementation of the programs assigned to the Office of Small Business Programs. These programs are Small Business, Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB), HUBZone, women-owned Small Business (WOSB), Service-Disabled Veteran-owned Small Business (SDVOSB), Historically Black Colleges and Universities and Minority Institutions (HBCUs/MIs), National Industries for the Severely Handicapped (NISH), National Industries for the Blind (NIB), and Federal Prison Industries (FPI).